Licensed educators seeking to serve in administrative positions in Mississippi K-12 public or parochial schools must become certified as administrators. Administrator certification can be obtained through:
- Traditional – degree program in Educational Leadership
- Alternate Route – an Alternate Route Entry Level Administrator License can be issued to an applicant who has not completed an educational administration/leadership program
1. Traditional Note: A masters, specialist or doctorate in Educational Leadership/Administration is specifically designated for Administrator K-12 certification. With that degree, all Administrative requirements must be met before the class level of the license can be upgraded.
2. Alternate Note: See requirements for acceptable degree areas for alternate route entry level administrator license.
- Alternate Route Entry Level Administrator License Requirements
- Verification of Education Experience Form