The Communications and Government Relations Office keeps you updated about public education issues, developments and achievements across Mississippi.
Communications staff connect reporters to MDE experts and share statewide public education news through news releases, blog posts, videos and social media. All media inquiries should be directed to the communications staff.
Government relations staff work with legislators, state leaders and policy makers to help shape laws and policies that move public education forward in Mississippi. Summaries of education-related legislation can be found on the Government Relations page.
- Mississippi’s Score Gains on the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
This page contains information, graphics, and video about Mississippi’s historic gains on NAEP, which is considered the Nation’s Report Card.
- Mississippi Succeeds: Unprecedented Achievement, Unlimited Potential
These materials help tell the story about rising student achievement in Mississippi.
- Literacy-Based Promotion Act (LBPA)
These materials help explain the LBPA to parents and educators to promote literacy among students in grades K-3.
- Mississippi Accountability System
These resources help explain to parents and communities how schools and districts are graded.
- Mississippi Academic Assessment Program (MAAP)
These resources help families understand Mississippi's statewide assessment system.
- Mississippi High School Diploma and Endorsement Options
These materials inform parents and students about Mississippi's high school diploma requirements and opportunities to earn endorsements.