The Office of School Financial Services (OSFS) is responsible for the administration, calculation and/or distribution of the following programs:
- Chickasaw Cession
- Critical Shortage Home Loans
- Critical Shortage Moving Expense
- Education Enhancement Funds (EEF)
- EEF Buildings and Buses
- EEF Teacher Procurement Cards
- Financial Accounting Manual for Public School Districts
- Mississippi Adequate Education Program (MAEP)
- National Board Certification Reimbursements
- School Business Manager License (SBA)
- School District Indirect Cost Applications and Rates
- School Recognition Program
The Office of School Financial Services is responsible for providing technical assistance and guidance to public school districts in the area of school financial management. This involves assisting school districts and other entities in their budgeting, fiscal and program operations.
Additional responsibilities include the annual collection and review of financial data from the local school districts. This office also performs some technical review of public school districts' financial information to determine compliance with Accreditation Standards.
More information on these programs can be found by selecting an option from our Services tab shown on the menu to the right.