Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE)
This page provides general information on ECSE topics and specific information on the three State Performance Plan/Annual Performance Report (SPP/APR) indicators reported for preschool children.
For early childhood information not specific to special education, visit the Early Childhood page under the Office of Elementary Education and Reading by clicking HERE. This page contains the Early Learning Standards, checklists, links to Kindergarten Readiness Assessment resources, the technical assistance/professional development request form, and many other resources.
Choose Your Topic:
- Indicator 6: Preschool Settings
- Indicator 7: Preschool Outcomes
- Indicator 12: Early Childhood Transition (Part C to Part B)
ECSE Technical Assistance Resources:
- Division for Early Childhood (DEC)
- Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center (ECTA)
- Center for IDEA Early Childhood Data Systems (DaSy)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
Campbell, Philippa H., & Milbourne, Suzanne A. (2009) CARA’s Kit for Preschoolers. Los Angeles, CA: Division for Early Childhood.
Dinnebeil, L., McInerney, W., & Buysse, V. (2011). A guide to itinerant early childhood special education services. Baltimore, MD: Paul H Brookes Publishing.
Sandall, Susan R., Schwartz, Ilene S., Joseph, Gail E., Gauvreau, Ariana N. (2019) Building Blocks for Teaching Preschoolers with Special Needs, Third Edition. Baltimore, MD: Paul H. Brookes Publishing.
Barton, Erin E., & Smith, Barbara J. (2015). The Preschool Inclusion Toolbox. Baltimore, MD: Paul H. Brooks Publishing.