Core School Applications maintains the MDE applications (MSIS, TIMS & ELMS). We support the MDE vision “To create a world-class educational system that gives students the knowledge and skills to be successful in college and the workforce, and to flourish as parents and citizens.” Our goal is to increase availability of quality data to drive decisions to improve student outcomes. We provide technical support to the districts, schools and university personnel.
MS Student Information System (MSIS)
MSIS provides for the electronic collection and storage of comprehensive detailed data about teachers, administrators, students (Pre-K to 12) and school board members. MSIS also allows for the electronic transfer of student records from one school district to another, thus offering a unique student tracking system. The purpose of this project is to provide an efficient means in which to:
- Support the Mississippi Department of Education (MDE) performance-based accreditation model
- Support education funding programs
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of education data (schedules, attendance, grades, transportation, discipline, Vocational and Special Education) to meet state and federal requirements
- Allow for student tracking across the state to determine student mobility trends and to assist in the reduction of the drop-out rate within the state
Textbook Inventory Management System (TIMS)
TIMS is the web-based reporting system for the MS Department of Education Office of Textbooks.
TIMS allows schools to report their active and surplus textbook inventory, as well as transfer surplus books to other schools.
Educator Licensure Management System (ELMS)
The Educator Licensure Management System (ELMS) is a tracking system for applications and the credentialing system that maintains credentials information and issues licenses and certificates. It is designed for MDE compliance with Mississippi Statute and Code § 37-3-2. Certification of teachers and administrators.
The purpose of the application is to provide:
- A single, unique teacher identification number to an individual when he or she is issued an initial Mississippi credential.
- Record applications and credential information entered by Educator Licensure staff.
- Automatically generate notes for educators based upon system actions such as printing certificates and deficiency letters and the receipt of correspondence via the imaging system.
- Demographic and credential information for numerous state, federal and research reports and for credential information for school accreditation audits by MDE Accreditation Officers. The certification system periodically provides other agencies with a file of credentialed educators.