The Office of Student Assessment is responsible for the development, coordination, and administration of all state and federally mandated assessments for students in Mississippi’s public schools. Assessments tell you about students’ progress on the path to future success, whether that’s the next grade or the next course. They measure what students know and can do based on learning goals for the grade or course. In Mississippi, our first goal is all students proficient and showing growth in all assessed areas. Data from these state assessments is used to determine progress toward meeting this goal.
Updates for the 2020-21 School Year
Click below to find updated assessment information due to COVID 19. Return to Mississippi Schools: Guidance for the 2020-21 School Year.
- Assessment Window Extensions July 13, 2020
- Universal Screening and Kindergarten Readiness September 3, 2020
- Administering Kindergarten Readiness Remotely Teacher Guide August 14, 2020
- Administering Kindergarten Readiness Remotely Family Guide (English) August 14, 2020
- Administering Kindergarten Readiness Remotely Family Guide (Spanish) August 26, 2020
- LBPA FAQ (updated October 2020)
- LBPA Webinar (October 2020)
- 3rd Grade Reading Summative Assessment Guidance
- 3rd grade Individual Student Report Training