The Department of Mathematics, as part of the Offices of Elementary Education and Reading, and the Office of Secondary Education, is responsible for supporting and training Mathematics teachers, curriculum specialists, administrators, and parents by providing the most up-to-date information and resources needed to implement the 2016 Mississippi College-and Career-Readiness Standards (MS CCRS) for Mathematics, grades K-12.
- Stay informed and receive the latest information specific to Mathematics content area by signing up for the MS Math Educators Listserv.
- For Information about Algebra Nation, Please contact Sara Flowers, Assistant Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MS CCRS for Mathematics Resources for Educators
These resources are meant to provide supplemental curriculum materials for Math educators to use as guidance in teaching the MS CCRS for Mathematics. Included are the MS CCRS for Mathematics, resources for interpreting the MS CCRS for Mathematics, best instructional practices, lesson planning exemplars, practice assessments, and other materials deemed as useful or meaningful to instruction of the MS CCRS for Mathematics.
MS CCRS for Mathematics
Instructional Planning Research Resources
The resources in this list provide an in-depth look into the MS CCRS for Mathematics and the suggested best instructional practices in which to use when teaching.
- 2014 and 2016 MS CCRS Comparison Guide
- CCRS Math Coherence Map
- CCRS Progression Documents
- MS CCRS Scaffolding Documents
- MS CCRS Grades K-5 “Challenging Content” Standards Unpacked
- MS CCRS Grades 6-12 “Challenging Content” Standards Unpacked
- College- and Career-Ready Shifts in Mathematics
- Understanding the Standards for Mathematical Practice
MS Mathematics Manipulatives Manual (Featured Activities Will Be Shared Twice a Month)
- Math Manipulative Loan Out Library Form (fillable) NEW Effective Spring 2021
- Featured Activity - K.CC.6
- Featured Activity - K.OA.3
- Featured Activity - K.OA.4
- Featured Activity - 2.OA.4
- Featured Activity - 3.MD.1
- Featured Activity - 3.OA.7 & 3.MD.7 NEW
- Featured Activity - 4.MD.3
- Featured Activity - 5.NF.1 & 5.NF.2
- Featured Activity - 6.RP.1 NEW
- Featured Activity - 7.SP.6
- Featured Activity - Algebra I - S-ID.1 NEW
Instructional Plan Writing Support and Exemplars
These resources provide suggested guidance on how to develop lessons plans that are aligned to the MS CCRS for Mathematics. Included are rubrics for writing and evaluating a lesson plan, along with exemplars for selected standards.
- EQuIP Quality Review Rubric for CCR- Aligned Math Lesson Plans
- MDE Exemplar Math Lesson Plans (K-12)
- MS Teacher Developed Exemplar Units and Lesson Plans
- Grades 6-12 Formative Assessments, Lessons, and Tasks
- Math Learning-at-Home Resources for Districts
High Quality Instructional Materials Review Resources
(HQIM) is defined as materials that are aligned with the Mississippi College- and Career-Readiness Standards, externally validated, comprehensive, and include engaging texts (books, multimedia, etc.), problems, and assessments. These resources can be used to analyze a resource as being a HQIM.
- Mississippi Instructional Materials Matter NEW (a centralized location for Mississippi math and social studies teachers to review high-quality, standards-aligned materials that have been evaluated and adopted by other Mississippi teachers and school districts.)
- EdReports (free reviews of K-12 instructional materials focus on alignment to college and career-ready standards and other indicators of high quality as recommended by educators across the country.)
- High Quality Instructional Materials Rubric and Evidence Guides NEW
Instructional Math Videos from SchoolKit and Illustrative Mathematics NEW (SchoolKit, in partnership with Illustrative Mathematics, have scripted and filmed 24 instructional videos for Grades 6-8 , and Algebra I.)
The following resources provide sample assessment items and testing guidelines to support the teaching and mastery of MS CCRS for Mathematics in preparation for the MAAP Assessment.
Transition to College Support
Resources that support instruction and ease the transition from HS to college.