Special Education Growth Rubric
The purpose of the Special Education Growth Rubric is to provide the following:
- Enhance the impact that Special Education teachers have on students and other stakeholders.
- Highlight the Special Education teacher's areas of strength and identify areas of growth.
- Serve as a guide for the Special Education teachers as they reflect on their own practices.
- Provide shared understanding regarding priorities, goals, and expectations of quality practice.
The following documents are provided for use with the Mississippi Professional Growth System for Special Education:
- Special Education Growth Rubric Guidebook
- Special Education Informal and Formal Observation Form
- Special Education Summative Observation Form
- Special Education Growth Cycle
Special Education Professional Growth System Requirements:
- Minimum of three (3) observation and feedback cycles during the school year is required (two (2) formal, one (1) informal)
- High-quality feedback after each observation.
- Special Education teachers must be observed using the Special Education Growth Rubric.
- Professional Growth scores are due not later than June 30.
Deep Dive Training
To sign up for a Deep Dive Training regarding the Special Education rubric and other supports, please see the link below. This training will not count toward the PGS Accreditation Standard, but will provide more information toward understanding the Special Education rubric and materials.
Registration: Deep Dive Training
For additional information contact:
Teresa Laney, M.S., CCC-SLP
MDE, Office of Special Education 601-359-3498