Mississippi’s statewide assessments measure students’ academic aptitude from pre-K through high school. Pre-K students and kindergarteners are evaluated at the beginning and end of the school year. The Mississippi Academic Assessment Program (MAAP) measures student progress in grades 3 through 8 in English Language Arts and Math. Additionally, Science is assessed in grades 5 and 8 and US History is assessed in high school. High school students take end-of-course exams in Algebra I, English II, Biology, and US History. The ACT college entrance exam is also given to all Juniors. Each assessment evaluates student learning to ensure students develop the knowledge and skills they need to graduate from high school prepared for college or career.
2020-21 Student Assessment Results
- 2021 Assessment Achievement Gap Analysis
- 2020-21 ACT Results for Juniors
- 2020-21 Mississippi Academic Assessment Program (MAAP) Executive Summary
- 2020-21 Mississippi Academic Assessment Program (MAAP) English Language Arts and Mathematics Results
- 2020-21 Mississippi Academic Assessment Program (MAAP) Grade 5 & 8 Science, Biology I and U.S. History Results