Teacher Growth Rubric
Teachers play a critical and important role in student learning. In their role, teachers need feedback and high-quality learning experiences to continuously improve their practice and student learning. The purpose of the Teacher Growth Rubric is provide the following:
- Enhance the impact that teachers have on students and other school community stakeholders
- Highlights the teacher’s strengths and identifies areas of growth
- Serves as a guide for teachers, as they reflect on their own practices.
- Provides shared understanding regarding priorities, goals and expectations of quality practice.
The following documents are provided for use with the Mississippi Professional Growth System:
- Mississippi Teacher Professional Growth Cycle
- PGS Teacher Observation Guidebook 2019-2020
- Teacher Evidence Collection Sheet (Fillable)
- Teacher Growth Rubric-Examples of Evidence
- Teacher Growth Rubric Observation Evidence Sorting Form Option A
- Teacher Growth Rubric Observation Evidence Sorting Form Option B
- Teacher Growth Rubric Selected Scripting Form
- Teacher Growth Rubric Summative Observation Rating Form
Teacher Growth Rubric Requirements:
- Minimum of two (2) site visits during the school year is required.
- Teachers must be observed using the Teacher Growth Rubric.
- Professional Growth Scores are due no later than June 30.
For additional information contact: