The Mississippi Comprehensive Automated Performance-based System (MCAPS) is an online application system. MCAPS reduces the burden placed on districts when applying for grant funding by increasing the transparency of grant activities and provides consistent processing of grant applications. It links funding to student outcomes by focusing more on planning and data-driven decisions. MCAPS provides immediate feedback to districts on their application. All applications and supporting documents are centralized and cataloged within the system.
MCAPS captures the accountability data for the district and individual schools. It streamlines the data and helps districts make more data-driven decisions by organizing goals, strategies, actions steps, and improvement strategies for each school.
- Captures all of the planning needs of the LEA across programs (i.e. federal programs, special education, school improvement, technology, etc.).
- LEAs can draw down funds using the Request for Funds feature.
- The Planning Tool encompasses the Components of the Schoolwide Plan and the Targeted Assistance Plans.
- Consolidates the planning and application process to reduce duplication of information across the state.
- Reduces the administrative burden placed on LEAs when applying for grant funding.
Data Collection and Reporting
Data is collected as required by the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). The data is reported in the Consolidated State Performance Report (CSPR). The United States Department of Education uses this data to identify technical assistance planning, online data releases and plan monitoring activities that ensures our state receives adequate support in implementing a program in a way that results in student success.
- Title I, Part A - Basic
- Title I, Part C - Migrant
- Title I, Part D - Neglected and Delinquent
- Title II, Part A - Effective Instruction
- Title III, Part A - English Learners
- Title IX, Part C - Homeless