Skip to main content

High contrast

Text Resize

Skip to Content

Toggle Site Search Icon Search
Clear search textbox
Report Bug

Apply for an Educator License

Licensure Call Center Alert: Starting June 15, 2020, the Educator Licensure Call Center will be open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. To reach a licensure team member, call 601-359-3483.Due to the anticipated high volume of calls, we encourage you to continue to visit the Educator Licensure section of and before calling the office or emailing questions to the email address. Answers to most questions we receive are addressed on those webpages.

A tool you can use to stay updated on your licensure request is the Application Support landing page. This page shows which week the Division of Educator Licensure is currently processing. This page is updated regularly. If the request that you submitted is after the date shown, it is likely that the team has not gotten to your application yet and may need more time.

How Can I Become a Teacher?District -Requested Licenses licenses


  • We are excited that you are interested in becoming a teacher.

  • Visit TeachMS to learn more about pathways to become a teacher.

  • Connect with one of our recruiters.



Career Technical LicenseDistrict requested licenses licenses



Pre-Service License for Student Teachers


  • This license is for student teachers.

  • This license must be requested by the college or university certification officer.

  • Apply to the recommendation once its been made in your ELMS account.


Reciprocity for Out-of-State EducatorsReciprocity


  • This license is for educators who hold a valid license from another state.

  • Learn more about interstate reciprocity




Alternate Route LicenseDistrict requested licenses licenses


  • This license is for educators who complete an alternative pathway into teaching.

  • Learn more about alternate route programs




District-Requested LicensesDistrict -Requested Licenses licenses


  • These licenses are for districts who need to fill immediate vacancies in urgent situations.

  • Educators can apply to the recommendation once its been made in your ELMS account.

  • Learn more about Special Non-Renewable Licenses 


Reinstate My Expired LicenseDistrict licenses


  • This option is for educators who hold an expired license.

  • Educators can apply for a one-year reinstatement without the CEUs or credits if they have a standard five year license in ELMS.

  • This allows for a temporary period to fully reinstate the license back to a standard license.


Traditional Route Educator LicenseTraditional route


  • This license is for educators who are completing a traditional teacher education program.

  • The certification officer at the college or university will make the recommendation for a license.

  • Apply to the recommendation once its been made in your ELMS account.


Go To Educator Licensure Management System