Counselor Growth Rubric
The Counselor of each school provides leadership to the school through quality professional development and technical assistance to support implementation of a comprehensive counseling program based on the American School Counselor’s Framework for School Counselor’s. The purpose of the Counselor Growth Rubric is to provide the following:
- Enhance the impact that the professional school counselor and the school-counseling program have on the students and other stakeholders.
- Will highlight the school counselor’s areas of strength and identify areas of growth.
- Serve as a guide for counselors as they reflect on their own practices
- Provide shared understanding regarding priorities, goals, and expectations of quality practice.
The following documents are provided for use with the Mississippi Professional Growth System for School Counselors:
- Counselor Growth Rubric
- Counselor PGS Quick Guide
- Counselor Evidence Collection Sheet (Fillable)
- Counselor Growth Cycle
Counselor Growth Rubric Requirements:
- Minimum of three (3) per school year.
- Two (2) informal observations.
- One (1) formal observation.
- High-quality feedback after each observation.
- Counselors must be observed using the Counselor Growth Rubric.
- Professional Growth scores are due not later than June 30.
For additional information contact: