These communication tools are meant to be used by district leadership and K-3 principals for training their staff and communicating with parents about the Mississippi Literacy-Based Promotion Act. These tools have been updated for the 2018-2019 school year. All resources can be modified and personalized to meet individual needs. Additional information for educators can be found at the MDE's literacy webpage and the Strong Readers = Strong Leaders family-friendly website.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Sample Letter to Parents About Mississippi Literacy-Based Promotion Act
- Sample Parental Notification Letter About Supplemental Support
- 3rd Grade Reading Standards for Parents and Teachers
- Literacy-Based Promotion Act Flow Chart
- Mississippi Literacy-Based Promotion Act Information for Educators
|Literacy-Based Promotion Act||Parental Involvement Helps Children Improve Reading Skills||Strong Readers = Strong Leaders Mississippi|