As districts move to a learning at home model during school closures, we hope that families will continue to focus on student learning. We have compiled learning activities and digital resources that are aligned with the Mississippi College-and Career-Readiness Standards to continue and reinforce your child's education. Parents and caregivers should promote good screen time practices when students are online continuing their studies, playing games, or socializing with friends and family.
- UPDATE: ACT to Offer Students Additional Summer ACT Test Date Options and ACT Test Online at Home
- April 2020 National Exam COVID-19 (Frequently Asked Questions)
ACT Academy and ACT Academy Spanish (Grades K -12th)
A free, student-driven resource for personalized test practice for the ACT, Pre-ACT, Tessera, and Aspire. ACT Academy also offers a feature for teachers to understand their students’ mastery of Math, ELA and Science concepts.
LearningExpress Library - School Center
Students can practice the ACT, ASVAB, and the SAT assessments using ebooks, digital flashcards, online tests, or personalized tutorials.
- Career One Stop
Career One Stop is a source for career exploration, training and jobs. Students are able to complete interest inventories, research certain careers, or learn more about the military.
Career Cluster Activity
A no-cost resource for high schools and high school students who invest time in community service. School leaders can manage school-wide or group programs, post volunteer opportunities and events (including current needs for virtual peer tutors) and access reports and insights for overall school impact. Students access InnerView via their phone or computer and the system automatically builds a digital Service Resume based on their inputs. The Service Resume can help the student stand out when applying for jobs, scholarships, and college. Students are also eligible to earn a National Community Service Award; the deadline to qualify is April 15, 2020. This handout has all of the details for students. Interested in learning more? Email: help@InnerView.org.
Provides college and career resources to help best prepare students for life after high school. Resources include areas in resume building, applying to scholarships, career exploration, summer internships and much more.
- MS Works Magazine
MS Works Magazine connects you with everything you need to know to find a great career and a great future in Mississippi. Visit this site to explore the MS Works Magazine and utilize helpful career development tools.
- Advanced Placement (College Board)
- 2020 AP Testing Guide: The guide, designed for educators to walk their students through test day, provides information about the full testing situation. It is designed as a PowerPoint in case teachers or coordinators want to virtually lead students in preparation for exam administrations.
- Explainer Videos: New videos are available to give students quick, easily accessible information about their test day experience, what they need to do to prepare, exam security, and more.
- Student Exam Checklist: Teachers should have their students complete this checklist for each exam they take and keep it next to them while testing.
- Parent Webinar: Trevor Packer hosted a webinar for parents where he was joined by Jane McBride Gates, Provost and SVP, Academic and Student Affairs, Connecticut State Colleges and Universities and Kristin Brandt, AP Human Geography Teacher, Glenbard West High School. This was a very helpful webinar if you have been receiving questions or fielded concerns about exam dates, exam security, how colleges and universities will consider AP scores from this year’s exams, how to prepare for this year’s exam, exam scoring for the new format of this year’s exams, and more. (Access webinar slides: Helping Your Student Prepare for AP Exams)
- College Board Shares Plans to Provide Students with Opportunities to Take the SAT in 2020
- College Board COVID-19 Updates
- College Planning Tools
A program of the Woodward Hines Education Foundation, Get2College specializes in college planning and financial aid in Mississippi. We serve any student seeking a post-secondary education, with a special focus on students who have been traditionally underrepresented in college.