The Mississippi Department of Education’s Approved Courses for the Secondary Schools of Mississippi offers a wide variety of courses for high school students, beginning with grade seven and continuing through grade twelve. The purpose of the Approved Courses for the Secondary Schools of Mississippi is to help select the courses that are best for students. Choosing the right courses for a high school program is an extremely important task and should be thoughtfully developed with students and their parents.
When Using this manual, Guiding Questions to Consider:
- What courses are required for graduation?
- When will the school offer the required courses?
- What are the local interests and areas which need developing?
- How will you use the ISP (Individual Success Plan) to create a secondary course plan best suited for your students and their high school goals?
- How can the school strategically plan (or offer) academic programs that move students forward?
Mississippi Student Information System (MSIS) In order to generate the most current approved course codes listing from the Mississippi Student Information System (MSIS), please follow the directions in the current Approved Courses for the Secondary Schools of Mississippi Manual to create an Approved Secondary Course Codes Report.
NOTE: An example of an Approved Secondary Course Codes Report from the Mississippi Student Information Systems (MSIS) is attached in this manual. The report is only an example and does not include all approved courses listed in the Mississippi Personnel/Accreditation Data system (i.e. course code for elementary, special schools, etc.). Also, this report does not reflect or include courses that are presently being developed, revised or will be deleted after July 30 of the current school year. To ensure the most current list of available approved courses is being used, please generate a current Approved Secondary Course Codes Report from the Mississippi Student Information System (MSIS).
Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning (IHL) College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC)
* Please contact Heather Morrison at email@example.com