We are excited to announce the 2022-2023 Digital Teacher Academy, the newest program from Mississippi Connects initiative! This year-long professional development opportunity is designed to support classroom teachers as they implement digital instructional practices in their classrooms and become technology leaders in their schools.
Benefits for participating:
- Receive digital learning training, supports, and resources
- Earn digital certifications and badges for various digital tools
- Earn 3.2 CEUs
- Receive a Mississippi Connects Digital Teacher Academy badge and banner to proudly share your accomplishments
- Receive a $50 travel stipend for attending each in-person meeting
- Be a full-time classroom teacher
- Submit Approval to Participate form signed by your administrator
- Attend and fully participate in in-person meetings
- October 14, 2022 (in-person) from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- December 9, 2022 (in-person) from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- February 20, 2023 (in-person) from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- June 5, 2023 (in-person) from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Complete three online modules (at your own pace throughout the year)
- Earn digital tool certifications and badges (at your own pace throughout the year)
- Complete the online application by Friday, September 23, 2022.
- Submit an Approval to Participate form signed by current administrator to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants with complete applications and approval forms will be selected on a first-come first-serve basis.
In-person sessions will be held in five regional locations: Cleveland, Oxford, Jackson, Hattiesburg, and Biloxi. When completing the application, participants must select which location they will attend, and we will cap each location at the first 50 participants due to the size of the facilities.
Applicants will be notified of acceptance by September 30, 2022.