We are excited to announce the launch of the Digital Teacher Academy, the newest program from Mississippi Connects initiative. This year-long professional development opportunity is designed to support classroom teachers as they implement digital instructional practices in their classrooms and become technology leaders in their schools.
Benefits for participating:
- Receive digital learning training, supports, and resources
- Gain experience delivering digital learning professional development
- Pursue/earn a certification in a digital platform
- Earn 3.4 CEUs
- Receive a Mississippi Connects Digital Teacher Academy badge to proudly share your accomplishments
- Participate at no cost to you or your school/district (travel and sub fees will be reimbursed)
- Be a full-time classroom teacher
- Submit Approval to Participate form signed by your administrator
- Attend and fully participate in all virtual and in-person meetings
- October 19, 2021 (virtual) from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- November 9, 2021(virtual) from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- January 25, 2022 (virtual) from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- February 10, 2022 (in-person) from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- March 4, 2022 (in-person) from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- June 6, 2022 (in-person) from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Pursue a digital platform certification during the fall semester [Google Educator or Microsoft Innovative Educator Trainer]
- Lead two digital learning PLCs for your school/district during the spring semester