HOSA is a National student organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Health Science Education (HSE) Division of ACTE. HOSA’s two-fold mission is to promote career opportunities in the health care industry and to enhance the delivery of quality health care to all people. HOSA’s goal is to encourage all health science instructors and students to join and be actively involved in the HSE-HOSA Partnership.
HOSA provides a unique program of leadership development, motivation, and recognition exclusively for middle school, secondary, postsecondary, adult, and collegiate students enrolled in health science education and biomedical science programs or have interests in pursuing careers in health professions. HOSA is 100% health care!
Since its inception in 1976, HOSA has grown steadily reaching over 245,000 members through 54 states, territories, and country associations in 2018-2019. Mississippi HOSA has received recognition for having increased in membership for the past 4 years and currently has over 4,100 members and over 100 chapters.
Follow us on Facebook @ Mississippi HOSA, Twitter @ MS_HOSA, Instagram @ #mshosa. MS HOSA Instagram upload your photos to #MSHOSA.
The mission of HOSA is to empower HOSA-Future Health Professionals to become leaders in the global health community through education, collaboration, and experience.
The purpose of HOSA-Future Health Professionals is to develop leadership and technical HOSA skill competencies through a program of motivation, awareness and recognition, which is an integral part of the Health Science Education instructional program.
The goals that HOSA believes are vital to each member are:
- To promote physical, mental and social wellbeing.
- To develop effective leadership qualities and skills.
- To develop the ability to communicate more effectively with people.
- To develop character.
- To develop responsible citizenship traits.
- To understand the importance of pleasing oneself as well as being of service to others.
- To build self-confidence and pride in one's work.
- To make realistic career choices and seek successful employment in the health care field.
- To develop an understanding of the importance in interacting and cooperating with other students and organizations.
- To encourage individual and group achievement.
- To develop an understanding of current health care issues, environmental concerns, and survival needs of the community, the nation and the world.
- To encourage involvement in local, state and national health care and education projects.
- To support Health Science Education instructional objectives.
- To promote career opportunities in health care.
I recognize the universal need for quality, compassionate healthcare.
I understand the importance of academic excellence, skills training, and leadership development in my career pathway.
I believe through service to my community and to the world, I will make the best use of my knowledge and talents.
I accept the responsibility of a health professional and seek to find my place on a team equally committed to the well-being of others.
Therefore, I will dedicate myself to promoting health and advancing healthcare as a student, a leader, an educator, and a member of HOSA-Future Health Professionals.
We value learning. We are committed to learning and becoming respected, knowledgeable and skilled health professionals. We will respect the experiences and contributions of our teachers, peers and patients and seek to learn from them.
We value leadership. We will serve as role models in our academic program, profession and community. We will be ethical, accountable and trustworthy. We will use our influence to empower others to strive for excellence.
We value service. We are dedicated to serving others with compassion. We believe that individuals are important, and we will treat everyone with respect and care.
We value innovation. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of others. We will continuously seek the knowledge and skills to address challenges and improve the health professions.
- 2021 - 2022 Membership and Conference Costs
- 21-22 School Year Conferences - For Schools
- 2021 - 2022 MS HOSA TENTATIVE CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Establishing a Chapter
- Membership Benefits & Opportunities
- District Map
- Membership & Conference Cost List
- 100% Affiliation Form
- HOSA Online Conference Registration Instructions
- Dress Code
- Competitive Event Guidelines
- National Service project (NCPF) MS Campaign (Coming soon)
- MS HOSA Fundraiser
- 2021 - 2022 HOSA Medical Release Form
2021 Virtual State Leadership Conference
- 2021 Competitive Event Winners
- MS HOSA 2021 VSLC Registration Directions
- MS HOSA Calendar of Events for 2021 VSLC
- MS HOSA Virtual Competitive Events - Revised Feb. 11, 2021
- Emergency Preparedness Event Guidelines
- Health Professional Events Guidelines
- Health Science Events Guidelines
- Leadership Events Guidelines
- Middle School Event Guidelines
- Recognition Events Guidelines
- Teamwork Event Guidelines