- Mississippi College- and Career-Readiness Standards for Computer Science (2018)
- Mississippi Computer Science Education and Equality Act
- Standards Deconstruction with Content Area Connections: Level 1A: Grades K-2
- Standards Deconstruction with Content Area Connections: Level 1B: Grades 3-5
- Elementary Computer Science: Administrator Implementation Guide
- DRAFT Integration Guides (developed by the Center for Cyber Education at MSU)
Engaging Adult Learners:
Elementary Computer Science SPRING Teacher Institute
In this series of trainings, elementary educators will deconstruct the Mississippi College-and Career-Readiness Standards for Computer Science to better understand the skills that need to be taught at each grade level. Participants will also examine cross-curricular connections between computer science and other content areas, explore ways to integrate computer science instruction, and practice coding skills.
Elementary teachers, assistant teachers, counselors, and librarians are encouraged to register!
Trainings will be held on the following dates:
- Session 1 – Webinar: Exploring the Standards
January 31, 3:30 – 5:00 p.m., plus some asynchronous work to be completed before the next session
- Session 2 – Webinar: Introducing Coding Skills with Code.org
February 16, 3:30 – 4:30 p.m., plus completion of Code.org course work before the next session
- Session 3 – In-person: Coding with Robots and Making Content Area Connections
Week of February 27 (exact locations and dates TBD), 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Session 4 – Webinar: Creating Computer Science Champions
April 25; 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
It is recommended that participants attend ALL sessions. Participants that attend all webinars and the in-person session are eligible to receive 1.1 CEUs.
NOTE: Educators who attended the Summer Summit in June should not attend these trainings.