EFFECTIVE MONDAY, AUGUST 13, 2018
THE DIVISION OF EDUCATOR LICENSURE WILL NO LONGER OFFER LICENSURE APPLICATION DROP-OFF/WALK-IN SERVICE.
COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKETS MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA POSTAL MAIL USING THE FOLLOWING MAILING ADDRESS:
MISSISSIPPI DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL BUILDING
DIVISION OF EDUCATOR LICENSURE, SUITE 101
359 NORTH WEST STREET
POST OFFICE BOX 771
JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI 39205-0771
APPLICANTS MAY ALSO COMPLETE THE ONLINE LICENSURE APPLICATION THAT IS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE EDUCATOR LICENSURE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (ELMS). IF THE ONLINE APPLICATION IS USED, ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS ARE STILL REQUIRED TO BE SUBMITTED VIA POSTAL MAIL.
Please note: Official transcripts may be submitted directly from your institution of higher education using e-script and official test score results for Mississippi required licensure tests that are less than ten (10) years old, may be submitted electronically directly from the administering testing company.
CALL CENTER HOURS OF OPERATION
MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
If you have recently submitted a complete licensure application packet, please allow approximately 10 business days from the date the application is received, for review and processing. If it has been less than 10 business days, please contact us with any inquiries after that time.
The most up to date information related to the status of your application may be obtained through the Educator Licensure Management System (ELMS) via your ELMS account. When your application request has been reviewed and processed, you will receive an email notification indicating that either the license has been issued or additional documentation is needed for processing. Some applicants have experienced trouble receiving emails sent from our office to their general inbox, therefore, we ask that you please be sure to check your Spam or Junk folders.
For general information regarding Mississippi’s educator licensure requirements, please visit www.mdek12.org/OTL/OEL.
When calling the Division of Educator Licensure to speak with a member of the Licensure Team, please note that the average hold time is between four (4) to seven (7) minutes. Please do not hold the line for no longer than ten (10) minutes at which time you should try your call again later. As always, we value and appreciate the opportunity to serve you.
Mississippi Licensure Guidelines require that all educators submit a completed licensure application (paper or online) with any licensure request.
- Read Licensure Instructions and Checklist to locate the license for which you are applying.
- Complete Licensure Application by paper or online
- Collect all documents required in your license category in a single,complete packet to the Mississippi Department of Education, Office of Educator Licensure, P.O. Box 771, Jackson, MS 39205-0771.
Incomplete packets will be returned to the applicant with no action taken.
The Office of Educator Licensure does not accept photocopies of Praxis scores. We must receive them electronically from ETS or we must receive the original score report.
- Online Licensure Application (ELMS)
- Licensure Application Packet K-12 Updated 5-2018
- Institutional Program Verification Form
- Verification of Accreditation Child Development
- Mentorship/Induction/Evaluation Form
Local District Request
- Special Non-renewable License Application Packet for Adjunct Teachers 6_2018
- Special Non-renewable License Application Packet for Non-Traditional 6_2018
- Special Non-renewable License Application Packet for Traditional 6_2018
- Special One Year License for Veteran Teachers 2018-2019
Educator Licensure Resources