Date: 9:30 a.m., June 3, 2020
Location: Central High School Building, 359 N. West St., Jackson, MS, 4th floor Board Room
About: The subcommittee established by the Commission on Teacher and Administrator Education, Certification and Licensure and Development composed of commission members for the purpose of holding hearings pursuant to Miss. Code Ann. 37-3-2(10) will be holding discussion and/or hearing(s) on Agreed Orders and other matters as it relates to educator misconduct.
The public is invited to view the OEM meeting via audio recording which will be posted. The OEM is taking this step to limit public contact due to the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Office of Educator Misconduct, within the Office of Educator Licensure, has several responsibilities:
- Providing professional development to promote ethical conduct by all licensed, public school educators in Mississippi, as detailed in the MS Educator Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct.
- Preparing for, as well as scheduling, hearings before the Commission on Teacher and Administrator Education, Certification and Licensure and Development when an educator has acted unethically.
- Communicating with courts, districts, and educators, when violations of the MS Educator Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct and/or Miss. Code Ann. § 37-3-2 (11) or (12) are reported.
- Evaluating licensure applications from applicants who have violated Miss. Code Ann. § 37-3-2-(11) and scheduling hearings if needed.
- Reporting MS educators/applicants whose licenses have been surrendered, suspended, revoked, and/or denied to other state agencies.
- Procedures for Reporting Infractions