The Office of Educator Misconduct, within the Office of Educator Licensure, has several responsibilities:
- Providing professional development to promote ethical conduct by all licensed, public school educators in Mississippi, as detailed in the MS Educator Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct.
- Preparing for, as well as scheduling, hearings before the Commission on Teacher and Administrator Education, Certification and Licensure and Development when an educator has acted unethically.
- Communicating with courts, districts, and educators, when violations of the MS Educator Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct and/or Miss. Code Ann. § 37-3-2 (11) or (12) are reported.
- Evaluating licensure applications from applicants who have violated Miss. Code Ann. § 37-3-2-(11) and scheduling hearings if needed.
- Reporting MS educators/applicants whose licenses have been surrendered, suspended, revoked, and/or denied to other state agencies.
- Procedures for Reporting Infractions Handbook (Updated)